Courtesy of MQBM Tours
Mysterious Queanbeyan by Moonlight Halloween Tour
Trick or treat?
Halloween, the time at which it's said the veil that divides the living and the dead is lifted.
Join local author Nichole Overall to celebrate this most superstitious of occasions as she leads you on a journey through the twisting backroads and winding byways of one of the oldest regional townships in Australia - Queanbeyan.
- Hear some of this region's most macabre, disturbing and baffling tales of tragedy and mayhem, myth and murder - as well as the otherworldly - that have unfolded over almost two centuries, and beyond even that.
- Explore mysterious locations and visit buildings which have kept their secrets close, until now, including what's reputed to be one of the most haunted places in the city, and the oldest public cemetery in the area.
- This will also mark the third anniversary of the Tours which are painstakingly researched and prepared to ensure an intriguing blend of historical detail and mysterious speculation, and everything presented is both accurate and true, be it on record, passed down through generations, or detailed by locals in extensive interviews.
- As an extra special treat, participants are encouraged to get into the 'spirit' of the evening by dressing as that which haunts you most, with prizes for creativity!
- This unique exploration of the world behind the world begins at 9pm and finishes at the Witching Hour (midnight). It will conclude with a light supper and a beverage as well as a chance to discuss any experiences with an 'expert' in the field and any number of other 'surprises' along the way.
- And remember, in the words of horror author H.P. Lovecraft, if our strongest emotion is fear, our strongest fear is fear of the unknown ...
MQBM Tours are currently ranked the No. 1 thing to do in Queanbeyan on Trip Advisor!